A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • SerieA
  • SerieA's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
21 Dec 07 #9378 by SerieA
Topic started by SerieA
Well here i am once again having had another sleepless night, tired and upset, why do i continue to be upset? the reason this time? once again my son has been visiting his dad and as usual when he returns home i have a running commentary of what/where they have been/doing, what they are going to be doing for xmas. My extb, his girlfriend who he left me for and have in the last 8 months since he left set up home together are going along with my son to my extb mother-in-law for xmas (this is a woman who never held me in high esteem) to be treated as the new family unit, having being left herself on xmas day by extb's dad when he was nine for her best friend i would have thought she would at least have some empathy for me, not saying that she shouldn't see her son but god have a heart!! So how do i cope?.

  • gone1
  • gone1's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
21 Dec 07 #9382 by gone1
Reply from gone1
Hi Serie. This is normal stuff. I know its hard but separation and divorce is not just you but rips the whole family apart. What was once your MIL is now your ex and your replacement is in your shoes. Bad but thats life. What to do? Get your own life and friends and all that. So that yr son gets to take back some words from your new perfect life. I know its hard on you and you do feel cheated.

I cant even visit my ex MIL and FIL grave. I am scared of the police or her BF knocking on my door or kicking it in because I have left flowers and a card. Life is shit. Aint it just. Chris

  • ariesgirl63
  • ariesgirl63's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
21 Dec 07 #9398 by ariesgirl63
Reply from ariesgirl63
I know exactly where you're at, at this time. I was left upset and crying 2 nights ago after my eldest son brought home photo's of a photo shoot he and his 2 brothers went on with my stbx and his new partner.

They looked like a perfect family, all laughing and having fun and to anyone looking in from the outside you would have thought that my stbx's new partner was their mother and they were a happy family unit.

It has taken me 2 days to accept that they are just photo's and that my boys will never forget that I am their mother and cannot be replaced. I have come to realise that I have to concentrate on my life and my boys, not on what my stbx and his np are doing. Its just wasted energy and emotion getting upset about them...they're just not worth it. Concentrate on yourself and your boy...nothing else matters!

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.