A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Abusive husband keeps everything - kids home

  • noggers77
  • noggers77's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
28 Dec 07 #9653 by noggers77
Topic started by noggers77
Ok, if you dont believe my story you are not alone, even my brief cant get her heads around it!!!

After 8 years of marriage in which my husband shagged about at least twice a year, didnt let me have friends, was my drug dealer and didnt want me giving up my amphetemine habit, i had enough and said i wanted a divorce (monday 7th october)

He returned on friday 12th october with an occupation order throwing me out on the streets, an interim residence order on my 3 kids (7 year old daughter, 4yr old son and 23 month old daughter)and a prohibited steps order stopping me removing the kids from his care.

He already had my 2 older kids, and when he came to collect my baby i ran to my brothers friends with her as we had been inseperable since her birth (i even slept on the sofa with her as a baby so as her night waking wouldnt wake him during the night)

On the Monday he went back to court to get a search and recovery order forcing me to hand her over in my solicitors office.

Im still homeless, missed my sons birthday, missed parents evening, he wouldnt even let me see the kids on xmas day!!!!

I am supposed to see my kids for 2 hours a fortnight in a crappy contact centre, which as i have explained to my solicitor i am not prepared to do as as far as i am concerned he is still being domestically abusive by controlling when, how and for how long i see my kids.

Ive been done for criminal damage when i smashed my back door to gain entrance to my joint tenency council place when he changed the locks, discovered all my possessions have been thrown away. All kids toys i brought thrown away..........heartbreaking

I tried to take my own life last week, as ive really had enough, but what a difference some anti-depressants and a week makes.

Im so adamant to divorce this nasty piece of shit, get my kids back and get on with my life.

He's been to prison for violence, caught with drugs on him, so how come hes ended up with everything? Anybody else had similar experiences?

Support my campaign phone Steve 07921 568922 tell the bastard to get out my house and give my kids back

  • IKNOWNOW's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
29 Dec 07 #9664 by IKNOWNOW
Reply from IKNOWNOW
Has your sol offered any constructive advise? Were you not given a chance to put your case across at the Occupancy Order hearing? You say he was your drug dealer! have there not been any outside agencies involved with your children? R u clean now? How long were you taking drugs and did he take them too?

Have you been given any support from say Womens Aid, Refuge or any similar charities or organisations? Have you spoken to the Citizens Advice? Declared yourself homeless with the council?

It just seems strange to me that no one is pointing you in the right direction! What is your solicitor doing about letting you see your children?

Obviously, only you know the ins and outs of your case but help is out there if you look. If you want to find some web addresses and helpline numbers private message me and i will forward you some information on people that can help.

I won't say I have been where you are now because I haven't, but I have just got out of an abusive marriage lasting 11 years and he continues to abuse me now. I am gradually getting the help my 5 children & I need but it is hard and the journey is long.

I wish you well, but just one bit of advise, which you can take or leave. Please channel your energies into the fight for your children - not a hate campaign towards your x2b, however hard that is. You need to be seen to be doing positive, constructive things to get your children back; not trying to score points against him - believe me he is not worth it - don't give him anything else to use against you.

Take care, Ifiknewthen

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.