A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

what he can claim??

  • sarah007
  • sarah007's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
28 Dec 07 #9654 by sarah007
Topic started by sarah007
hi, if i been seperated from my husband but am only getting a divorce a year later -can he claim part of my earnings? and is it only the petitioner who pays the court fee's?
Thanks merry xmas!!

  • attilladahun
  • attilladahun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
29 Dec 07 #9663 by attilladahun
Reply from attilladahun
The petitioner pays the Court fees to start proceedings but the Court can make the other side pay all or some proportion if they are at fault.
If you earn low wages and have not much savings legal aid may be available. If so the Court fees are likely free and the solicitors fees are much less.

Whether you H can claim any money from you depends on his/your financial needs and how much you earn. Why not get free advice fro CAB legal clinic near you...solicitors like me often give up their time to assist -or why not contact a solicitor who offers 1 hour free advice..make a list of questions before you go - oh and speak quickly!!!

Best of luck

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.