A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Wot to do with wed rings?

  • BirdyBob
  • BirdyBob's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
21 Aug 12 #350928 by BirdyBob
Reply from BirdyBob
I haven''t decided what to do with the wedding rings yet but I have been contemplating turning the diamond from my engagement ring into a pendant. It''s only been about five weeks so not sure what to do with the bands. I may trade them in for a necklace to hold the pendant.

  • somuch2know2
  • somuch2know2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
21 Aug 12 #350942 by somuch2know2
Reply from somuch2know2
I chucked mine into the Thames the day I finally left the FMH. It felt liberating.

  • MrsMathsisfun
  • MrsMathsisfun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
21 Aug 12 #350944 by MrsMathsisfun
Reply from MrsMathsisfun
Mine sat in my jewellery box until my house was broken into and the box was stolen, so I got the money for them from the insurance company!!

  • survive
  • survive's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
21 Aug 12 #350960 by survive
Reply from survive
sold my wedding ring and eternity, once divorce was finalised. Enagagement ring wasn''t worth enough.

Used money to settle an outstanding legal bill.

No regrets - however it depends on people circumstances for splitting as to whether they feel emotionally attached to rings etc..


  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
21 Aug 12 #350966 by dukey
Reply from dukey
I did the same as survive sold the wedding ring and used the money to pay for the divorce, that said it meant nothing at all to be by then.

  • Action
  • Action's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
21 Aug 12 #350980 by Action
Reply from Action
If anyone wants the details of the people I sent mine to for scrap, please send me a PM. I did a bit of research before using them and I''ve used them several times now and a few of my friends have too. I double checked with my local independent High Street jeweller and they offered me a third of what I actually got for the first batch. It really is worth throwing in odd or broken earrings etc. I sent off bits and pieces of broken gold for one of my friends and she got over £600.

  • retep69
  • retep69's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
10 Sep 12 #354998 by retep69
Reply from retep69
Sold mine for its scrap value back to the jeweller I originally brought it from,then blew the money on a new coat.I found it quite therapeutic!

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.