A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • atarangi
  • atarangi's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
18 May 08 #22802 by atarangi
Topic started by atarangi
My husband is driving me mad.

He's petitioned for divorce but is still living in our flat. He won't talk about it and acts as though nothing is going on. He's making all sorts of allegations about me via his solicitor and claiming I'm stopping him from moving out. As far as I'm concerned, yesterday wouldn't be soon enough! I'm trying to keep my cool, so as not to upset things as I have a young daughter. I have stopped him for applying from the absolute as I feel I need him to change the flat tenancy into my name first and sort out financial arrangements for our child.

I can't throw him out, as the flat is in name only.

What do I do next before I crack up??

  • dawn1
  • dawn1's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
23 May 08 #23379 by dawn1
Reply from dawn1
Will he move out if you agree to an absolute?
If he will, go to the council and inform them that you are married but soon to be divorced.
They should put the tenancy in your sole name, especially if you have been paying the rent out of a joint account.
They cannot throw you out of the flat if he leaves as you have a child and they would only have to rehouse you if they did.
hope this helps, good luck.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11