A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • rasher
  • rasher's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
13 Apr 12 #323419 by rasher
Reply from rasher
HI Perin

You do seem to have compromised quite alot and normally thats the advice in matters of divorce. However hes stone walling you; you are dealing with a woman who you dont want to work with and who has no legal standing in the part of contact and you are handing your son over to her. Play her at her own game - be total sweetness and light but say ''Im very grateful for your interest but our son needs to see his parents manage arrangements for him - after all Im not sure how long you will be around and I cant go through a procession of his girlfriends to make arrangements for our child''. No offence - bugger off. You need to explain to your son daddys not replied when things arent getting sorted. Yr son will get to an age where he can do the deals himself and if Mrs Dominatrix is still on the scene lets hope he has more insight and independent thought than his father.

Best wishes

  • MrsMathsisfun
  • MrsMathsisfun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
13 Apr 12 #323426 by MrsMathsisfun
Reply from MrsMathsisfun
Loving your suggestion Rasher!!

Your between a rock and a hard place Perrin. You know that if you dont communicate through her that the contact wont take place and that will hurt your son.

If contact doesnt happen from what you have said recently your son gets upset and blames you not his father.

Personally I think until your son is at an age to make his own arrangements and only because your son is so important to you, you might have to go through insecure OW. But I would definately try Rasher approach first!!

  • Gloriasurvive
  • Gloriasurvive's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
13 Apr 12 #323432 by Gloriasurvive
Reply from Gloriasurvive
Have to go with majority here, don''t communicate with the OW. Too stressful, she is stressing me out and I don''t even know her!
Rasher is absolutely spot on, if, I mean when that relationship fails who will make arrangements then. Put ball in his court - he communicates or nothing. Your son will be fine! Happy mother happy child!
Good luck

  • julie321
  • julie321's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
13 Apr 12 #323435 by julie321
Reply from julie321
I''m with everyone else don''t communicate with OW. Tell you ex it is through him or not at all. Take care.

  • perin123
  • perin123's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
13 Apr 12 #323460 by perin123
Reply from perin123
Thanks for all replies.

Yes Pete, I have drafted a letter to his solicitor with much of your wording, Dukey has had a look and I''m going to send it then duck, as the s**t hits the fan!! Thanks again for that, if it works there''s a drink coming your way!!!

I am constantly stressed because of this situation, I just want to get on, but fear this will go on a long time..

Son came back from ex''s last night and told me, dad says he doesn''t pay any maintenance cos he has no money, and you should work full time to pay for things!!!! How low can he go? Unbelievable...

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.