A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • stresseduk
  • stresseduk's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
03 Jul 12 #340744 by stresseduk
Topic started by stresseduk
i am already divorced and my ex has tried to pull my youngest son away for me for financial gain. it worked for a while but now my youngest has realised money does not buy love. He was nasty to me and stole things from me. my son whos 10 even told me i should be in hell. after christmas my son told his father he wanted to live back with us.his father hithim in his back hard it marked him. since then he has quite often told me his father hurt him.I contacted social services, but they did nothing. Last week ss knocked at my door. My son who has been very down and withdrawn has made allegations to a teacher about his father.They are doing an assesment. Can anyone tell me what this involves.I just want my son to be happy, and worry free.School has recomended i take him to doctors and referred him to Child and family mental health. so scared

  • sexysadie
  • sexysadie's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
03 Jul 12 #340749 by sexysadie
Reply from sexysadie
They will visit and talk to you and to your son on his own. They will also want to speak to your ex. You shouldn''t be worried - you have done the right thing by having your son come to live with you, which will be seen as protecting him from his father''s violence and a good thing.

If your son is depressed then a referral to Child and Family Services is a good idea. You may have to stress how depressed he is to get an appointment quickly - they can do emergency referrals but things have to be pretty bad to get them.

You shouldn''t be scared. Your son is making allegations about his dad, not about you, and about things that happened when you weren''t there. They will support you and your son.

Best wishes,

  • Gloriasurvive
  • Gloriasurvive's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
03 Jul 12 #340870 by Gloriasurvive
Reply from Gloriasurvive
What a very distressing situation you find yourself in. Your poor son. Thank goodness he has you to count on and protect him.
The school will do their best by your son. Ask them if they have an ELSA teacher. That is a specifically trained teacher to help support emotionally. We have one at our school, more and more schools do, she can help your son, like a child counsellor.
Everyone will want what''s best for your wee boy and will be trained to chat as unobtrusively as possible. It will be a relief for your son to get it all off his chest and have help with his worries.
It is natural for you to feel worried but as has been said you are doing all the right things. You have nothing to be scared of.
Your X soundsca very intimidating man....let''s hope the right authorities sort him out. He clearly needs help if finds hitting a child acceptable:angry:
Big hugs.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.