A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

On and on and on it goes......

  • perin123
  • perin123's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
02 Aug 12 #347007 by perin123
Topic started by perin123
Got another mediation appt for next week as ex cancelled last one (he instigated) at eleventh hour...

Ex is now not seeing our son after the incident last time he went over to stay.

Our son sent ex texts saying night night xxxx and got nothing back. Son then sent email saying his credit was low on his phone (Ex pays our sons mobile contract)and again nothing back..So now his phone has no credit so I will have to get a contract for my son.

How can a father do that to his child???
Ex is so childish, and now my son says he wants nothing to do with his father and he is much happier without him. How sad. My son just sees that ex''s new wife''s son has taken his place.

I could cheerfully smack my ex one for putting our son through that pain.

It will be interesting to see if ex actually turns up for mediation, or if he can''t face me after what he''s doing.


  • sillywoman
  • sillywoman's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
02 Aug 12 #347021 by sillywoman
Reply from sillywoman
My ex was paying £10 each for our 3 daughters mobile phones, then just cancelled them without any notice - oldest was at uni at the time and quite distraught.

Pathetic, but then some men and women are.

  • Gloriasurvive
  • Gloriasurvive's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
05 Aug 12 #347434 by Gloriasurvive
Reply from Gloriasurvive
It never ceases to amaze me how a parent can just turn their back on their own children.
This site is full of heart breaking tales of dysfunctional partners who are crusing through life with little regard for the effect they are having on others. The emotional damage can be life long.

I am so sorry to read that your X cannot even be bothered to text his own son goodnight.

Your son luckily has you and your support and love will carry him through his fathers ignorance.

If he does not want to see his dad is this a bad thing?

My children, through their own choice, currenlty do not see their dad. Maybe they will want to when they are older, maybe they won''t. He too was selfish and full of disappointment.
His presence would cause upset and anger.
Now we are all calm and his absence is not felt.
I know some psychologists go on about all kids needing fathers, but not if the dad is dysfunctional.
How many times can you subject your child to disappointment and rejection from the dad? I wonder which is more damaging? No dad or a dad that is consistantly rejecting?

My children know they are loved by grandparents, aunts and uncles etc. They have learnt a huge lesson in life that people do let you down, but it is how you deal with it is what sorts the men from the boys - if that makes sense.
Touch wood my kids (15,11) are doing just fine, they get good grades and are socialable, independent etc.

I believe we have had a lucky escape from the emotional abuse he threw at us.

Sorry could go on, but just want to say my sympathy goes out to you and your son, but don''t be too down, it is how you deal with it that counts.
Let your son know that he is truly loved by those who count.
Big hugs GS

  • rasher
  • rasher's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
05 Aug 12 #347456 by rasher
Reply from rasher
If its a PAYG phone you might not find you need to go to the trouble of paying for a new phone contract - phone companies are quite happy to take money from anyone and I have found both me and the ex have been able to top up PAYG phones without needing to refer to each other. This will also serve to show your son that whilst dad may be doing things a certain way right now, there is little that he can do that cant be got round. Sometimes we have to make thinks ''OK'' for the kids so they dont carry the burden of this sort of stuff on their shoulders too much. You can just hear dads version of events years from now but by then you wont care - so just find ways round the nonsense and dont allow it have so much impact.

Best wishes

  • Now Gone From Wiki
  • Now Gone From Wiki's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
05 Aug 12 #347458 by Now Gone From Wiki
Reply from Now Gone From Wiki
I''m completely the opposite. I desperately want to see my son but my STBX has run away and hidden so I am having to use the courts and the police to track them down. She has already absconded from one address to prevent papers being served. It is utterly upsetting in the extreme.

Unlike your ex, I am a loving, faithful and loyal father who loves his son more than anything but my STBX is trying to sever those ties.

  • perin123
  • perin123's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
05 Aug 12 #347471 by perin123
Reply from perin123

Hope you get to see your son.
This site seems to be full of people either trying desperately to get contact with their children or parents trying desperately to get an ex to SEE their children....


Rasher, I can''t top up my sons phone as I have no details whatsoever regarding the contract, and as I am blocked from all contact by ex''s new wife I have no chance!!!
Easier to get another contract!! (annoying thing is I had a fantastic contract for my son which I paid for, then ex bought son new phone and contract for his birthday so I cancelled the other!!)


  • rasher
  • rasher's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
05 Aug 12 #347477 by rasher
Reply from rasher
The only details you need are the phone number of the mobile and the service provider. Your son should have that if he has the phone - you can then call the service provider direct (usually free from the phone even if you have no credit) and they will tell you how to top up with a new card or voucher,

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.