A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

She wants to move back

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
20 Jun 14 #437470 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Lostboy as usual is correct, divorce is convincing a judge that a man and a woman should no longer have to live together, post Absolute it can only happen by consent.

To add to what lostboy said, article 8 of the human rights act says we all have the right to live in our homes in peace, it has nothing to do with who owns the bricks, it''s where you live.

So your wife may have a charge, or have her name on the register, but it is no longer her "home" as such she has no right to move back.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11