A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Just had letter ??

  • Mark1234567
  • Mark1234567's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
27 Nov 10 #237271 by Mark1234567
Topic started by Mark1234567
My wife is asking me for:-

the house to be fully signed over to her.

i can keep my pensions

she wants 2150 per month

we have 2 children, and i bring home £3300 per month. Any help please.

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 Nov 10 #237349 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
To start off with you have to pay child support at 20 per cent of your net income. To some extent this depends on how often you have the kids. You will find a useful calculator on the CSA website. There is little choice about this.

Anyway let's start with £660. It is likely to be in that region and there is little choice about it.

As regards the house, can you please let me know the likely value, the amount you owe on the mortgage and the monthly repayments.

Does your wife work ? Would it be reasonable to expect her to ? How old are the kids ?

You then need to consider your wife's likely benefit entitlement, particularly tax credits and child benefit. This must be counted as part of her income and reduces her need for SM.

The chances are that she will get the right to live in the house at least while the children are still dependent. Therefore you will need accommodation of your own and you must be left with enough to rent a house in your own right. Ideally this should be large enough to allow staying access.

I think that's enough for the moment. I have more to say ; but Please answer these questions first. Your wife's demands are totally over the top.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11