A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

changing house deeds and stamp duty

  • katkt
  • katkt's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
09 Jun 12 #335915 by katkt
Topic started by katkt

i''m filling on a petiton for divorce. my husband has agreed that the housr deeds should be changed into my name.

i heard that stamp duty will be payable on this, unless the deeds are changed via a court order as part of the divorce. i cannot afford the stamp duty- eeek!

is the section 3) financial order at the end relevant? should i tick ''property adjustment order''?

thankf for any help,


  • jonathancj
  • jonathancj's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
09 Jun 12 #335923 by jonathancj
Reply from jonathancj
Yes, tick everything even if you''re just going to ask the Court to dismiss most of them.

  • katkt
  • katkt's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
21 Jun 12 #338108 by katkt
Reply from katkt
a belated thank you jonathancj! this is stressing me out so i''ve only just gone back to it!
i think it''s £45 per financial order ( hmctscourtfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex050-eng.pdf ) . for htat reason i''m just going to tick the ''property adjustment order''. i hope that''ll work.
thank you so much again.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11