A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Mistake on Petition

  • Kass21
  • Kass21's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
03 Aug 13 #403148 by Kass21
Topic started by Kass21

I''ve taken my papers to the court yesterday and this morning I noticed I''ve made a spelling mistake on the surname in part 2 for details of the respondent.

What would be the best way to deal with this?

  • WhiteRose
  • WhiteRose's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
03 Aug 13 #403150 by WhiteRose
Reply from WhiteRose
Contact the court asap or pop in to explain - the details on the Decree Nisi need to be accurate - as this is what will appear on the Decree Absolute.

I had the same issue (except it was the Court who made the error) and all got sorted quickly.


  • Caligula
  • Caligula's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
03 Aug 13 #403153 by Caligula
Reply from Caligula
These things will happen. I have checked and double checked documents, sent them off and then realised I put the wrong month and date on them.

I put it down to stress!


  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
03 Aug 13 #403155 by dukey
Reply from dukey
It''s very common and nothing to worry about, corrections can be made at the Directions for trial stage, or there is a slip rule to correct good old fashioned mistakes.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11