A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

signing D8 together

  • alexisbeesley
  • alexisbeesley's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
08 Apr 16 #476637 by alexisbeesley
Topic started by alexisbeesley

Is it possible for my ex & me to sign the D8 at the same time, rather than me making photocopies and getting the court to send it to her? She is currently homeless and I hope this will also save us some time.


  • rubytuesday
  • rubytuesday's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
09 Apr 16 #476680 by rubytuesday
Reply from rubytuesday
Hello, welcome to Wikivorce.

I''m afraid that you can''t both sign the Petition as you ahve suggested - the respondent has to have the petition and Acknowledgement of Service served on them in the proper manner by the Court (ie in the post). In any case, the respondent doesn''t sign the Petition, it is the D10 they are required to complete and return back to Court.

You will need to provide a residential address for your spouse so that the papers can be served on her.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11