A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Financial Proceedings

  • tastic
  • tastic's Avatar
  • New Member
  • New Member
27 Aug 11 #284890 by tastic
Reply from tastic
Adam12 wrote:

I have some question regarding the Consent Order:

1. If property is (bought) located abroad, should the price of the property be shown in both British pounds (at app.) and foreign currency, and at which exchange rate (official – Central Bank of Foreign country or market – say, yahoo.com)?

2. When stating the ownership of the property, which details of the property are needed (address, price, when property bought) in Consent Order? Or is it enough to give the address only?

Many thanks for your help!

1. The only rule is that the information should be clear. I suggest it is best to show the value first in the local currency, and then in pounds (showing somewhere what exchange rate you use). There is no hard and fast rule about where to get the exchange rate, I have always used oanda.com.

2. The address is enough, but ideally also state the HM Land Registry number if you know it, as that is the definitive reference for every property in England and Wales.

  • Shane Jimison
  • Shane Jimison's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
09 Nov 11 #296977 by Shane Jimison
Reply from Shane Jimison
It is always advisable to try to reach a financial settlement with your spouse on a voluntary and amicable basis. I think that anyone concerned about the financial aspects of their relationship will need specialist legal advice. If your spouse does not wish to finalize financial matters, ask yourself why.

  • Vik2001
  • Vik2001's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
15 Apr 22 #519196 by Vik2001
Reply from Vik2001
Had a short marriage of 4 months. Got the marriage annulled. Decree Nisi was obtained.
The ex then out of blue asked for a Clean Break Consent Order and asked my solicitor draft it up. So we obliged and I filled in d81. Now ex won't sign the consent order nor exchange d81 and refusing to do so. She doesn't seem to have any demands either.
We never had no assets together or children.

Today I filed for the absolute as solicitor said no harm to do so, considering also she now won't sign Consent Order she wanted or at least respond to us.

Can I enforce the draft Consent Order? What would need to be done. Is the process expensive. I dont want it to drag on just want piece of mind and move on

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11