A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.


  • gorgeous
  • gorgeous's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
23 Jun 08 #28043 by gorgeous
Topic started by gorgeous
Need a bit of advice.
Got an insurance policy worth 28k which i want to cash in. I have FMH pay all mortgage and utility get no SM as I am on a good, matter of opinion,wage. Do I go for a straight 50/50 split and save the mounds of sol letters as i dont think he will agree to anything else. Or as I have three kids do I hold out for more. Each month that goes by it is losing value as neither of us are paying monthly premiums.
Appreciate a quick response thanks.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11