A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

ursngent help - South Africa

  • FLASHMAN's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
28 Jun 08 #29430 by FLASHMAN
Topic started by FLASHMAN
married 1999 in SA
signed a pre nup (as she was from a rich family)
both moved to uk
she left 2004
petitioned me 2005
but dragged he feet
she repetitioned last week
now she is looking for Financial settlement
I want the divorce in SA where the pre nup is 100 pct binding
please assist me!!!!!!!!!!!

  • IKNOWNOW's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
28 Jun 08 #29453 by IKNOWNOW
Reply from IKNOWNOW

Sorry, don't think this is going to be one easily answered by the lay person on wiki. Can I suggest that you send a private message to divorcelawyer copying her your post and I am sure she will point you in the right direction.

You can send a pm several ways: if the person is online, then just click on their name and it will say send a private message, alternatively, go to community at the top of the home page and click on members directory and input her name.

Sorry can't be of further assistance.

Regards, Sarah

  • D L
  • D L's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
28 Jun 08 #29462 by D L
Reply from D L
Hi there

TO help you as best I can, I need to know your connections to SA and UK.

For instance, where are you both based and for how long have you been there; What is your nationality;

Where are the assets - if they are split between the 2 countries where is the majority?

And are there any children?


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11