A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.


  • montrose96
  • montrose96's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
19 Mar 12 #318935 by montrose96
Topic started by montrose96
I have been seperated from my partner, but we are both living in the same property, she filed for divorce in December, even though I am happy that tha marrage is ending, I am getting frustrated with waitng for the paper work to come through. I would like to know how long it takes :unsure:for the court to respond.

  • WhiteRose
  • WhiteRose's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
19 Mar 12 #318939 by WhiteRose
Reply from WhiteRose
Hi Montrose,

TBH Jan & Feb have to be the busiest times for every profession involved in divorce - so it could simply be that - have you received any paperwork at all?

You should have received the Petition by now, the usual delay is to get the Decree Nisi.

Maybe you could ask your stbx to call the Court and find out whats happening.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.