A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

if name spelt wrong on marriage certificate

  • turquoise80
  • turquoise80's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
21 Mar 12 #319309 by turquoise80
Topic started by turquoise80

There is a small mistake on my marriage certificate- my middle name is missing a letter. The Petition has now arrived with the same mistake, do I ignore it? How might this affect me in later years or is it no big deal?
Basically, I don''t want to ignore it and when I''m ready to marry again, it presents problems.
Any ideas / thoughts?

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
21 Mar 12 #319310 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Its not as uncommon as you may think, the easiest way to deal with it is to add a covering letter noting the spelling mistake on the marriage cert and subsequent Petition, then its for the court to decide what if anything needs to be done.

  • turquoise80
  • turquoise80's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
21 Mar 12 #319336 by turquoise80
Reply from turquoise80

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.