A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Who divorces who?

  • Northernboy
  • Northernboy's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
28 Mar 12 #320490 by Northernboy
Topic started by Northernboy
That is the question she want to divorce me for adultery (i havent admitted to anything) but hasnt started any proceeding so can I start for UB? but what if she doesn''t agree to it? If she''s reading this forum aswell I''m not to bothered either as she login with the kids passwords to spy on my Facebook account!

  • cookie2
  • cookie2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 Mar 12 #320494 by cookie2
Reply from cookie2
Generally it is the spouse who most wants the divorce, that should be Petitioner.

If no papers have been filed with court then yes you can Petition if you like.

If she does not agree to the UB then it does not matter. You do not need her permission or cooperation to get a divorce based on UB. If she will not sign the papers then you can have them served and the divorce can proceed without her signature.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11