A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Petition served!

  • haley68
  • haley68's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
30 Mar 12 #320866 by haley68
Topic started by haley68
The court very quickly i may add,sent the divorce petition to my ex,i am the Petitioner,the 7 days have elapsed and he has sent me a message saying the form is complicated! Does anyone know if it matters if the forms are sent back late? and also not sure what form he has been sent but what does he have to fill in?? No children involved or financies... He asked me if i want to collect the form but surely he has to send it back to the court!

Many Thanks

  • cookie2
  • cookie2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
30 Mar 12 #320867 by cookie2
Reply from cookie2
Yes, he has to send it back to the court direct. The AoS (D10) is quite a simple form, compared to the Petition at least!

Don''t worry too much about the 7 days time limit. It''s very common to take a month or more to return it.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.