A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Unreasonable Behaviour after she''s left.

  • Jon_77
  • Jon_77's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
30 Mar 12 #320888 by Jon_77
Topic started by Jon_77
My wife left July ''10 - saying she was unhappy. a few weeks later told me she was seeing some older guy. Early 2011 she moved to Australia.
I''d told her before she left for Aus i was going to file for divorce, she said she wouldn''t contest it.
But, then i couldn''t deal with, so I was going to wait the 2yrs and file for separation. but now all i think about is waiting for July - I want it done a dusted so i can move on.

Can i file for unreasonable behaviour for the above reasons? She''s also financially irresponsible and I still get unpaid credit card and loans coming to the house for her. if that''ll help.

What happens if a judge rejects it? do i lose the money i paid?



  • cookie2
  • cookie2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
30 Mar 12 #320891 by cookie2
Reply from cookie2
Yes, you can use UB. However after such a long separation the Petition would have to be carefully worded. If the judge rejects it then you''d have to pay £90 amendment to correct it, however you don''t get very good feedback from the judge about how to correct it so these £90 fees can quickly add up. I think it would be best and cheaper to see a solicitor who can get it right for you first time.

  • Jon_77
  • Jon_77's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
30 Mar 12 #320905 by Jon_77
Reply from Jon_77
hmm, that''s what i was thinking. well, for making things simple, i guess waiting 3 months until it''s been 2yrs and just go with separation would be the easiest solution.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.