A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Time limit for responding to Counter-Petition?

  • lovestruck
  • lovestruck's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
31 Mar 12 #321016 by lovestruck
Topic started by lovestruck
Hi all,

I need a bit more help, please.

Hubby petitioned for DV and I defended. He amended his Petition. I counter-petitioned for JS.

Is there a time limit for responding to a Counter-petition? My hubby hasn''t responded to my counter-petition for JS within the normal time limit which one would respond to an original petition.

If the same time limit to respond applies to Original Petitions and Counter-petitions, can I apply for a JS decree since he hasn''t responded to the counter-petition?

They keep dragging their feet in the hope I''ll give up cos I have no money. They waited 5 months to amend their pettion for instance, intimidating me all the while. I cannot give him a divorce for mainly religious and other reasons.

Any help will be appreciated.



  • cookie2
  • cookie2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
02 Apr 12 #321270 by cookie2
Reply from cookie2
You are wasting your time and money. If the marriage is over and he wants a divorce, then he can get one. Your religious views are irrelevant. He cannot be forced to remain married against his will.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11