A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

being married to a squaddie

  • sissyg1969
  • sissyg1969's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
02 Apr 12 #321129 by sissyg1969
Topic started by sissyg1969
Hi All
I wonder if anyone could help me (i hope so)
I was married to a soldier for nearly 19 years (still not divorced living apart) and he wont give a figure on his wage or his pension any ideas on how i can find this out, so i can then make a maintence claim and go to CSA. Because he has just cut our payments in half and i could now loose our rented accomadation.
thank you

  • cookie2
  • cookie2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
02 Apr 12 #321269 by cookie2
Reply from cookie2
File for divorce and apply to the court for Ancillary Relief. His form E will show all the details you need.

Members of the armed forces and emergency services tend to cling onto their pensions like a limpet. They generally have the mentality that their wages and especially their pensions, are their own ("I am the one risking my life for my country" etc). But in reality, they are no different than a pension or wage from any other employed person, and you will be entitled to a share just the same as if he were a burger flipper.

  • sissyg1969
  • sissyg1969's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
02 Apr 12 #321274 by sissyg1969
Reply from sissyg1969
Yes I agree, and I got him where he is now and I gave up my army career for him so I think I''m entitled to at least half and I''m going for half.

  • asram
  • asram's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
02 Apr 12 #321290 by asram
Reply from asram
Hi Sissy

Please see the attached document, hopefully this should help answer some of your questions or at least point you in the right direction...


You will have to go through the right channels via your solicitor but you will get there.

Take Care

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.