A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Ltd company shares

  • Inamess
  • Inamess's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
17 Apr 12 #324522 by Inamess
Topic started by Inamess
Hi all, Could somebody help me with this please. Separated 3 years after 20 year marriage, 3 grown up girls. My ex and my brother are directors in ltd company, both of them plus my sister-in-law and myself are 25% shareholders. Year before separation accounts were showing huge profits, year after practically zero! I have never recieved any dividends. The business is very busy and growing, another office opened down south last month with a slight change in the comapny name, new company cars and vans always. There are 5 companies registered at companies house under his name, all with slightly different names(re-arrangements of original) but only the original is showing any trading accounts. I know that ltd companies can ''hide'' profit, or put back into the company. My ex has not been to his solicitor for 10 months after repeated letters from mine to try and sort out a settlement. I don''t have the money to go to court so do I have any other options? He did supply accounts to my sol 2 years ago by which time the company had basically been stripped to the bone, can anything be done about this as he is so obviously sorting it so I get nothing. I''m taking it that the new office will be nothing to do with me which means that they can take money from the original company, put it into the new one and get the profits from the one that is nothing to do with me, fair??!! Thank you for reading this jumble:S

  • jonathancj
  • jonathancj's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
19 Apr 12 #324942 by jonathancj
Reply from jonathancj
There may be various company law remedies but you would need a commercial lawyer to advise you on those. It would be next to impossible to make one of those applications without specialist representation I''m afraid.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11