A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Divorce Papers Received.

  • Ian00123
  • Ian00123's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
21 Apr 12 #325467 by Ian00123
Topic started by Ian00123
Hello. Well i finally received my divorce papers.
My wife and mother inlaw have stated numerous times to make any contact via solicitors. Yet on the divorce petition she states she is not represented by a solicitor.
Also the statement she has provided is made of complete lies. Fortunately i am able to provide a valid argument complete with dates, times crime reference numbers ect.

Just a couple of questions though.
She has stated that she does not wish to
make any arrangements for the children directly with me.
Nor via mediation
nor via and application to the courts.
So what is she intending to do about the children?

She also has not advised the courts that they are under a supervision order by social services. What will this do to her petition?

Also the signature on the divorce petition
and the arrangement for the children form is
not my wifes signature. and i can prove it.
What will this do to her petition?


  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
21 Apr 12 #325475 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Along with the divorce application she would need to complete a statement of information for the children, if she states there is no agreement for contact with the children the judge will refuse the application, simple as that, ditto is the signature is not hers..

This situation may call for you to Petition or at least think about it.

  • Ian00123
  • Ian00123's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
21 Apr 12 #325492 by Ian00123
Reply from Ian00123
I assume then the courts have not actually looked at the Petition and only stamped it and given it a case number?

Fortunately for me i have already submitted a joint residence and contact order.

I will also be submitting my answer to her statement next week when i see my solicitor.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11