A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Why oh why?

  • blonde cazza
  • blonde cazza's Avatar Posted by
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
29 Apr 12 #327087 by blonde cazza
Topic started by blonde cazza
Seriuosly why do people make it so hard for the other person?
After 15 months of pure hell ive just texted my ex to say that now our Nisi is almost through he should speak to his solicitor in regards to getting the Absolute issued and to check the arrangements for children as it was ammended...i put my ex should pick his son up for two days a week thus giving me the chance to work a longer day....no reply!
seriously why do the ex only want the child when its convient to them....baffles me really does...he kicks off about having more contact when its offered he doesnt seem to want it and doesnt even have the curiousity to reply...

  • fairylandtime
  • fairylandtime's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
29 Apr 12 #327094 by fairylandtime
Reply from fairylandtime
This is because he wants to remain in control & it may appear to him that you are telling him what to do.

I would try & contact him as little as possible, always have one sleep before responding to his txts. Keep the txts going back & forth, & the info about giving more contact - so you can show this if required.

You are doing what you can to help & facilitate contact with your x, but anything that might help you will be an automatic grate against him (why should I help her out . . . etc will spring to his mind) & he may see what you see as "helping" as you interfering / trying to control him & his time.

That is how my X is, if I ask him for anything / inform him about anything, he will automatically go against it because it me - bl***dy minded.

You get use to it, now if I want / need something from him I go in with a want / will accept attitude, if he knows I "need" it he will say no - just to be spiteful.

Good Luck & Stay Strong JJX

  • blonde cazza
  • blonde cazza's Avatar Posted by
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
29 Apr 12 #327104 by blonde cazza
Reply from blonde cazza
Thanks just baffles me thats all...he only pays bear minimum csa amount and doesnt contribute towards taxis towards our son getting home as there is no school bus!...if it wasnt for my work being helpful i wouldnt be able to work and he would have to pay me more money!...
It just really baffles me that after 15 months of hell why he wouldnt want it done as soon as possible so that everyone can move on!...if he doesnt want to pick our child up then he should say...as ive had my Nisi certificate now,the judge has seen te child contact form but he hasnt said if hes in agreement to it or not! xxx

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.