A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Successful FDR - next step

  • mother_of_2
  • mother_of_2's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
30 Apr 12 #327510 by mother_of_2
Topic started by mother_of_2
Acted as a litigant in person, or should I say a family member did. FDR was successful in reaching a fair settlement. :)

Consent Order was drawn up and Decree Absolute sorted.

I am keeping the matrimonial home in exchange for a lump sum to pay off the ex.

Will I need a solicitor to arrange the title deeds transfer? Expected costs if so?

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
30 Apr 12 #327515 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Most do use a solicitor but it can do done without one, maybe not wise though, the cost varys wildly, many seem to estimate around £600, maybe call the wiki line and see what they can do.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11