A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

totaly confused

  • mel jane
  • mel jane's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
01 May 12 #327645 by mel jane
Topic started by mel jane
my solicitor is the worse solicitor in the world but because i am recieving legal aid i cannot change my solicitor, i have been and seen 3 others and got told no, anyway my solicitor does not do anything unless i contact or email him if i go to his office he can be sitting in the room behind the reception desk and would rather relay messages to his school girl receptionist instead of taking 8 steps to speak to me face to face and after 2 years i am sick of it.. i have done everything he has asked me to regarding my divorce and he just wants to hold it up more by keeping relevant paperwork at his office instead of sending it to the courts,the last email i had from him was in feb 2012 to tell me my Decree Nisi would be pronounced in court on march 19th 2012 and that i had to then wait till the end of may which will be 10 weeks before i can go to the next stage? he has sent me no paper work from the courts to obviously say i''m entitled to a divorce and i have had no paperwork since the decree nisi was pronounced,i have just rang the courts who told me they sent my solicitor this paperwork over 2 weeks ago and that he should''ve sent me a copy and that the date my solicitor gave me for the final part of my divorce is wrong in fact it could be done 2day as it has been 6 weeks and 1 day.I rang my solicitor got hold of the school girl receptionist who kept me hanging on the phone for 5 minutes only to come back and tell me that my solicitor was now unavalable and that he was sorting the paperwork out for me today, i explained he had told me i had to wait till the end of of may which is not correct and that i should''ve had the paperwork from the court, she left me hanging on the phone again for a further 3 minutes only to come back and say well like i said before he is sorting it out for you? and then she put the phone down?
My question is how can i get a copy of all the paper work the courts have sent my solicitor if he wont let me have them? the courts have told me i have got to get it from my solicitor? how can i if he wont let me have them?
I have even downloaded the paperwork D36 the final paperwork and filled it in but the courts have told me i also need a copy of the paperwork sent to my solicitor to go with this... i can''t win

  • WhiteRose
  • WhiteRose's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
08 May 12 #329287 by WhiteRose
Reply from WhiteRose
Hi Mel,

Did your Sol get back to you on this one?

Has it been sorted out?

Take care


  • mel jane
  • mel jane's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
09 May 12 #329370 by mel jane
Reply from mel jane
hi after 6 phone calls to my solicitor and me trying to tell them that i need the paperwork my solicitor did actualy send me the form out yesterday to fill in and send back which i have done this morning, he still did not send me any paperwork though that he must''ve had from the courts with it stamped?
a friend of mine got paperwork from the courts to say yes you are entitled to a divorce, then papaerwork to say it had been pronounced on a certain date then got the final paperwork to say it''s all been finalised?
all i have had is the decree Nisi form to fil out and then the one now to ask for the absoulte.
unless my solicitor is going to send it me once it has all been done?
i don''t know because he wont speak to me on the phone or reply t my emails.
thank you for asking anyway .

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11