A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Divorce without signature - next step

  • confused 101
  • confused 101's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
04 May 12 #328347 by confused 101
Reply from confused 101
this is basically what I had to do myself. Except i handed him the second set myself and then used hte D80 form to swear that I had done so ... I kept all texts and e-mails where he repeated his intention not to sign indicating that he had indeed received the papers twice.

However - I have a solicitor, and your self-repping. So for added security I would use the process server.

Then you can enjoy simply replying "ok" when he again say''s he isn''t signing!! When mine found out he hadn''t managed to de-rail the system he was furious - oh dear what a shame!

good luck.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.