A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Acknowledging Service.

  • Shi Tong
  • Shi Tong's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
09 May 12 #329552 by Shi Tong
Topic started by Shi Tong
Hello! :(

I''ve had papers served on me from my ex''s solicitor in relation to my children and a request to acknowledge service in the paperwork.

I''ve also cross applied to court for my children and have just received the papers back from the court.

I appear to have two copies of my own papers.

Do I give her solicitor''s 1 copy of the papers? How do I "serve" them, do I have to give them to the actual solicitor mentioned in her paperwork (if there is one?!), or do I give them to her myself? (considering she may kill me).

How do I acknowledge the service? She''s accused me of some of the most ridiculous things, even managing to flip an incident in which she abused me into an incident in which I apparently abused her. I feel that if I reply to these she will find a way to abuse me again. I''ve put in my own paperwork (C100, C1 and C1A) that she abused me and the children, so will this suffice?

She sent me a text the other day, I sent her one back. She then replied with 5 abusive texts.



  • jonathancj
  • jonathancj's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
10 May 12 #329708 by jonathancj
Reply from jonathancj
Just post your stuff to them. First class post is good service. The solicitor''s address will do. Send back the acknowledgment of service form indicating an intention to contest the application.

  • Shi Tong
  • Shi Tong's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
10 May 12 #329860 by Shi Tong
Reply from Shi Tong
Hello Jonathan,

Thanks for the advice. I will do so!!

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.