A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

House sale

  • sensitive
  • sensitive's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
11 May 12 #330048 by sensitive
Topic started by sensitive
Hi, had a final hearing and left with nothing. Decided, after over 3 years of hell,I would ignore all those pathetic scheming parasites,ie, courts and solicitors. Leaving e mails unread, mail unopened and ignoring phone messages, i have put everything aside and thoroughly enjoyed the last 2 months with my kids and friends. Obviously things will come to a head one day and i will have to suffer the consequences as is this totally inept system. I have this morning received mail from a solicitor that i have no dealing with saying ''thankyou for your instructions for us to act on your behalf in the house sale''.I have never been in contact with them. My ex is moving with her boyfriend and my children and seems to be going ahead with the FMH sale herself with no approval from me. Can she do this?? The house has been up for sale for sometime now and i want to make it as hard as possible for her to move away. She is moving 80miles away and her spiteful nature means it will be so difficult for me to see the children.

  • cookie2
  • cookie2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
11 May 12 #330050 by cookie2
Reply from cookie2
Dude, you need a reality check. What do you think will happen if you continue to bury your head? You will end up in court again possibly prison, the house will be sold anyway, and you''ll get hit with a huge costs order for enforcement. Wake up buddy. You might not like the court''s order but it is final so you might as well get used to it. Fighting it or ignoring it is a lost cause and incredibly foolish.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.