A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

can i stop my husband coming back at weekends

  • Crumpled
  • Crumpled's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
17 May 12 #331142 by Crumpled
Topic started by Crumpled
hi my stbx is living in a flat during the week but comes back to the family home at weekends the situation is becoming intolerable for me and our children i have asked him to stay away but he doesnt take any notice can i legally stop him coming back all he does at weekends is go to the pub /gym or talk to other women on his mobile so i dont know why he comes back anyway.

  • cookie2
  • cookie2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
17 May 12 #331145 by cookie2
Reply from cookie2
It is the marital home. He has a right to live there, or to come back for weekends if he wants. Unless there is some threat to your or the kids'' safety, you can''t force him to stay away simply because you want to.

  • maisymoos
  • maisymoos's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
17 May 12 #331146 by maisymoos
Reply from maisymoos
I sympathise with you completely, I was in the same situation at the beginning of my separation, he spent weekdays with OW and came back to FMH at weekends.

It was intolerable too and certainly was not a good environment for the children. The atmosphere was appauling.

Eventually I said he would have to take the children to his own place every other weekend that was hard too but was the only option and was definitely the right one.

  • Passingcat
  • Passingcat's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
17 May 12 #331151 by Passingcat
Reply from Passingcat
He may be doing it to try to provoke you or drive you out. Stay focused on the happiness and stability of the children. If he does anything that can be classed as harrassment, nasty texts, slander, upsetting behavior e.t.c.. you can make an easy complaint to the police with the proof.. who will serve him with a letter and visit.. forbid him from coming near you. If he does he will then be arrested and questioned. I would recommend this as a last resort and only if he is genuinely being abusive, as this could provoke bad behavior during the divorce and will prove difficult to see each other in future regarding children e.t.c... If you can explain to him in a calm manner how important it is for you both to be given space and not be around each other during this stressful time. If he really has no where to go, could a friend or relative help him out?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.