A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

STBX has got my jewellery

  • ANNE1234
  • ANNE1234's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
19 May 12 #331637 by ANNE1234
Topic started by ANNE1234
Some time ago my STBX demanded my wedding/engagement rings back and an expensive bracelet which had been a gift from him. He says they have ''gone'' and after having a look around I can''t see any sign of them. If he has sold them, where do I stand? Can this be classed as theft? Surely he can''t demand gifts back and sell them can he?

I could not have refused giving these back to him as I am frightened of him - he is a bully.

Thanks in advance.


  • cookie2
  • cookie2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
20 May 12 #331757 by cookie2
Reply from cookie2
If their value is significant then they would be shown on his form E. If he sold them then you will see the transaction.

If he claims they have got lost or he threw them in a canal, then there''s probably not much you can do about it I''m afraid.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.