A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

out of house

  • andy8888
  • andy8888's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
23 May 12 #332447 by andy8888
Topic started by andy8888
Hi All
Can anyone advise I currently own a house with my ex wife.
Me and my new wife reside in this house.My new wife is currently devorcing me.
I have only been married just over 2 years.
I am also on an undertaking not to go to my house for 6 months which finishes in September 2012.
My ex wife wants my new wife out of her house,
My question is can she send a letter getting my new wife out of the house?
I also want her out of the house.

  • cookie2
  • cookie2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
23 May 12 #332448 by cookie2
Reply from cookie2
Assuming there are no kids involved?

If your current wife has not contributed any lump sum towards the house then it''s pretty unlikely she''ll get anything out of it. It does depend on the figures, but usually in a short childless marriage, each party takes out what they brought in. Her claim to your assets including the house will be small.

In the short term however, it is a marital house, and your current wife has a right to live there. No, there is no letter you can send to force her out. If you want her out then you would have to take it to court. If you''re going to take it to court then it''s better to just concentrate on the divorce and financial resolution.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11