A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Can Anyone Help?

  • letty
  • letty's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
27 May 12 #333331 by letty
Topic started by letty
Hi all

Does anyone know if the S2BX needs to file his acknowlegement of service before the courts will list my maintenance pending suit application?

While I struggle to decide whether to pay the bills or eat for the last 15 months - he struggles to decide which motorbike he wants to use to go to France on for the day.

I am having to self rep so if anyone can help I would be most grateful.

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 May 12 #333375 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
Letty, I''m not 100 % sure but probably yes. The Court is unlikely to deal with a divorce petition if he doesn''t know about it.

If he hasn''t returned the acknowledgment you need to get it served and quick. Use the Court bailiff if you know where he is. You can''t serve it yourself.


  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
28 May 12 #333378 by dukey
Reply from dukey
As Mike said court cannot deal with applications relating to divorce unless there is a live divorce application, you need proof of service, a process server is usually the best and cheapest option.

  • letty
  • letty's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
28 May 12 #333640 by letty
Reply from letty
Thank you both for replying

if I was thinking straight the answer should have been obvious.

The divorice Petition has been served and I have it confirmed in email that he has received it. so hopefully if he does not return the acknowlegement of service I can use that email as confirmation that the petition was served.

I am anxious with the whole thing as if being upset wasnt enough. although I do find this site of great comfort.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.