I got divorced last year after leaving the marital home and my two children , 19 and 14 years of age . I left the home/ marriage with debt , about £14000 . The financial side of the marriage hasnt been sorted out yet . I''m currently not working due to an operation and don''t have a penny to my name and to be honest I really am not sure the best route to take to resolve my situation . Any help or advice would be really appreciated .
1. Your respective ages
2. The value of the FMH and the outstanding mortgage amount
3. Your respective incomes including any benefits
4. Your respective pensions
5. Any other assets such as savings, shares, cars, other properties owned etc
6. Any current debts or liabilities such as credit cards, loans etc, what they were taken out for, whose name
7. Where do you live, do you rent, how much rent do you pay and since you are not working how do you afford it? Is your lack of employment temporary or long-term?