A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

re decree absolute.

  • whichwaytuturn
  • whichwaytuturn's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
11 Jun 12 #336133 by whichwaytuturn
Topic started by whichwaytuturn
Hello can anyone advise on what i ahould do please.

Nisi was granted on 10.05.12 which means i can apply for Absolute on 22.06.12. I am the Petitioner.

The only asset that we have is the house and stbxh has given the house over to myself. I have been paying mortgage since he left.

As i am on benefits my solicitor is trying to get his name off the deeds but kept on the actual mortgage Acc.

She has emailed me asking whether i am applying for absolute next week or am i going to wait till we hear from the mortgage company and have the Consent Order drafted.

Can anyone advice as to what the best course of action would be.

Thank you

  • vivi36
  • vivi36's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
11 Jun 12 #336135 by vivi36
Reply from vivi36
I thought that you waited until the financial deelings were sorted.

In my case my ex was desparate to be Absolute so he could re-marry. He dragged his heels big time with any aspect of the Financial sise so that was the only bargaining tool I had really.


  • whichwaytuturn
  • whichwaytuturn's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
12 Jun 12 #336216 by whichwaytuturn
Reply from whichwaytuturn
thank you for your reply. Thats what my instincts are telling me to do. so probably will hold off till everything done and dusted

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.