A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Wife is delaying divorce - Please Help!!

  • BrokenArrow123
  • BrokenArrow123's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
12 Jun 12 #336289 by BrokenArrow123
Reply from BrokenArrow123
I think I have a tendency to agree with you cookie with the "cant be arsed" idea. All I have at the moment is the draft Petition from her solicitor.

You are also correct about me paying the mortgage and bills in the FMH. She works minimum hours to claim maximum benefit, and I am left to struggle in a household where the bills used to be covered by two full time wages, now only one, with no benefits to speak of. (except the 25% council tax reduction, that £36 per month goes a long way lol)

I have to maintain the house however so I have a secure base to spend time with my son.

Guess I am just soooooo frustrated that someone who wanted to be with anoter guy so much that she destroyed our family, cant even give me a divoce to finish things off!

  • cookie2
  • cookie2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
12 Jun 12 #336295 by cookie2
Reply from cookie2
If the Petition has not been lodged with the court yet, then you should count your blessings, and do it yourself ASAP!

She does not need to "give" you a divorce. If you want one, then you should go out and get one. You don''t need her permission, cooperation or even her signature.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11