A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

D8 petition and Jusrisdiction

  • zeebo101
  • zeebo101's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
16 Jun 12 #337079 by zeebo101
Topic started by zeebo101

My spouse an I moved to a European country 2 years ago along with our children. We have decided to divorce but we will both remain abroad for a further year (to not interrupt schooling and work). We have a house in the UK that is empty and we both intend to return (not to same house ;-). I think this gives us the right to use the "is domicile in UK" part of the jurisdiction on the D8 form.

Can somone tell me if this sounds ok and if so where i enter the "connections to uk"... do i just tick the domicile box? or do it tick other and writ it in??


  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
16 Jun 12 #337099 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
Domicile is fine.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11