A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Lost Marriage Certificate!!

  • jslgb
  • jslgb's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Jun 12 #337400 by jslgb
Topic started by jslgb
Yep, its gone!!

I know i had it last year for a trip to Dublin (passport in Maiden Name) but now i need it to start the divorce proceedings i cant find it anywhere! Its clearly lost amongst other paperwork i have lost all respect for!!

Anyone know the quickest and cheapest way to replace it without stepping foot into the god awful place my stbxh resides??

  • pixy
  • pixy's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Jun 12 #337402 by pixy
Reply from pixy
You can get a copy at the registry office local to your place of marriage or order one online here

  • rubytuesday
  • rubytuesday's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
18 Jun 12 #337403 by rubytuesday
Reply from rubytuesday
You should be able to call the registrar Office where the marriage was registered and give them the details and request a copy. A small admin fee is payable, not sure how much in England/Wales.

  • Marshy_
  • Marshy_'s Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Jun 12 #337404 by Marshy_
Reply from Marshy_
Register of births marriages and deaths where you married. You can purchase them on line I think. You will need proof of who you are etc. Think its about a tenner for a replacement. And not that hard to obtain either. Think of it like a replacement birth cert. You can get them at the same place. Dont worry.... C.

  • julie321
  • julie321's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Jun 12 #337417 by julie321
Reply from julie321
Marshy is right, I needed copies of both marriage and birth certificates. Just ring up and order over the phone, they did cost ten pounds each.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11