A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Signing forms, Ex lives in Australia

  • Jon_77
  • Jon_77's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
25 Jun 12 #339032 by Jon_77
Topic started by Jon_77
My Ex lives in Australia, but she''s currently in the UK for the next week, can i get to sign some form before she heads back, or does the court have to issue her something to sign?

As our 2yr separation period is due soon, it seems pointless in sending forms to her in Australia when she could sign them now.



  • TBagpuss
  • TBagpuss's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
26 Jun 12 #339308 by TBagpuss
Reply from TBagpuss
She will still need to sign an ackowledgment of serive once the divorce petition has ben issued, as the court needs prof not just that she agrees to the divorce, but that she has received the documents as issued by the court.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11