A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

using process server first

  • MikeMiracle
  • MikeMiracle's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
26 Jun 12 #339192 by MikeMiracle
Topic started by MikeMiracle
Hi experts,

My wife lives abroad and I am sure that she will never give the acknowledgement.She wanted to punish me for not succumbing to her controlling behaviour.I actually wanted to send the summons via process server first.Is that possible ? If so , how can I inform this to the court. I assume court will post her the documents , thus alerting her.Through which form , I can inform this to the court ?


  • TBagpuss
  • TBagpuss's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
26 Jun 12 #339315 by TBagpuss
Reply from TBagpuss
Yes, it is possible. When you issue the Petition, ask the court to return it to you for service, rather than posting it to her.

there is not a set form, you smply need to request this when the Petition is posted to the court.

As your wife is overseas the Court Bailiff''s can''t serve it so you would need a private process server - I would recommend making some enquiries first about the likely cost, and make sure that the priocess servers you use know what is needed in terms of statement or affidavit of service.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.