I have just filed my form E at court (I am a litigant in person) and have written to STBX''s sol to ask them to agree a date when we should exchange our documents. They have replied saying they are not instructed to accept service and that I should contact STBX direct.
Thing is, I don''t trust her to send the form to me on the day she says she will. I have rung the Court and they have said they can tell me if the form E has been filed at Court. Should I wait until she has filed and then write and offer a date of posting, or is there a better way forward? I don''t want to be a muppet and send her all my info and end up with nothing from her.
Any advice please?
It''s part of Ancillary Relief proceedings. The court has set 6 July as the deadline for filing, but I am concerned about the exchange of our form E. I think I ought to wait until the court has confirmed that she has filed hers before I contact her to propose a date for us to post our copies to each other. Even then, I don''t know how I can trust her to actually send hers on the date we agree.
But I don''t want her to see a copy of mine before she files hers. I suspect she will try to amend what she''s written in response to mine and then file late. That''s why I want to be sure she has filed before I post mine to her. Does that make sense?
It does make sense but in fact makes little difference.
The date set by court should be adhered too its not a suggestion its a fixed date.
In reality who gets the form first doesn''t really matter ad the detail given is tested in court, the fact is people tell lies, which is why the form is backed by statements ect, other stuff can be questioned, stated income and capital needs for example.
Its best to do what you are asked and leave the other side to the judge.