A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Court date

  • oscarluke1
  • oscarluke1's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
02 Jul 12 #340702 by oscarluke1
Topic started by oscarluke1
Hi I have been seperated from my ex for well over 7 years,twice she has started a divorce but not carried it through,i have now started a self divorce having completed all the forms she failed to respond ??? I then went back to the court to apply for the judge to DEEM the marriage having been told they would let me know I have now recieved a court date but feel sure my ex wont turn up as she has to come along way what will happen if she doesnt turn up at the given date ??? many thanks

  • cookie2
  • cookie2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
02 Jul 12 #340711 by cookie2
Reply from cookie2
Do you have evidence that your ex has received the petition? On what grounds are you applying for deemed service? This is what the judge will want to know.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.