A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Application for change of Court

  • ShiningTor
  • ShiningTor's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
08 Jul 12 #341946 by ShiningTor
Topic started by ShiningTor
Hi all,

I am the applicant in proceedings concerning Ancillary Relief. My stbx has applied to have the case moved to a Court near to where she is now living in Wales on the grounds that she only has a small income and maintains that she cannot afford to go to Court in England with her legal representative. The Court have told me that they will be writing to me about this. What should I say to them to make sure the case stays close to me, where we have always lived as a couple?

Thanks for any advice.

  • cookie2
  • cookie2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
08 Jul 12 #341961 by cookie2
Reply from cookie2
You should simply say no. It will be very hard for her to change court without your co-operation.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11