A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Changing Solicitors

  • 4futures
  • 4futures's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
12 Jul 12 #342644 by 4futures
Topic started by 4futures
I am unhappy with the service received from my current solicitor and have decided to go solo with the help of wikivorce. So far I have paid £1,168.00 to have my form E completed and have been asked for a further £1,500.00 to file the concise statement, chronology, questionnaire(which I must draw up), Form G and Counsel cost. Does any have a template letter that i can use to instruct my solicitor that her services are no longer required and to inform the court that I am acting solo? :S

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
12 Jul 12 #342662 by dukey
Reply from dukey
This is the posh version of what you send to court.

Case Number:







Take notice that I, XX am from this date forward acting in person. My address for service is ADDRESS.


Date :

  • TBagpuss
  • TBagpuss's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
12 Jul 12 #342692 by TBagpuss
Reply from TBagpuss
Dukey''s notice of acting in person is spot on. I would suggest that immediately asfter ''acting in person'' you add in "in place of my former solicitors [name of solicistors firm]"

You need to send a copy of that notice to the court and one to your ex or their solicitor.

In terms of telling your sollcitor, there is no set format. Be aware that they are entitled to hold on to most of your file until you have paid any final bill.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.