A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

help please!!!

  • sauri
  • sauri's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
24 Jul 12 #345175 by sauri
Topic started by sauri
hi everyone; I have got a very difficult position in brief:
been married 7 years; three children age 3,5,7; was stupid enough not to save anything over the years so I have not got anything; current husband holds everything: cars, properties, bank accounts, even bills! all!!! total over £500 000; I have not got access to anything; unfortunately I am working and he has been looking after children so he is the main carrier; case in court I admited adultery; have not got money to move out and support myself and he has been refusing to coopereate to reach any agreements; he has been constanty demonstrating me his power, money and that I am nothing and he will destroy me. Been mentqlly qbousing me, police in the house twice but no physical violence. Children are witnessing all the stress. I hardly have enough to pay for basic legal advice but I am not eligable for any help as I am earning and not paying for mortgage etc.
any advice what to do? where to ask for help? how to calculate what I can get? (he has said to me 18% on advice of a barrister). Any info please write

  • WYSPECIAL's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
24 Jul 12 #345177 by WYSPECIAL
Reply from WYSPECIAL

where is the money you earn going? Get it going into your own bank account and start to get some control.

You are being abused. Don''t allow it.

You need to post more details of incomes, assets etc for someone to give an opinion of splits but I wouldn''t believe for one minute what he says his barrister says.

  • sauri
  • sauri's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
24 Jul 12 #345185 by sauri
Reply from sauri
I earn 1440 and only in march opened my bank account and from may keep salary for me buying food and petrol. Been accused of not co ntribting and destroying finances
finances. every month I have nothing left.
family home after mortgage 190 000
Other properties abroad less fees, loans 254 000
his pensions 27000+ end policy CEV 13000
my pension 10 000, cars 21000; other savings 24000, shares 44500;
he claimes because he has brought most in and calculated that I deserve 68 000 from what was created during marrige (figure incorrect anyway), we do not have pre nap agreement; what can I do in short term - he is abusing me completely and thretning with court every day

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11