A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Can anyone offer any advice on the following

  • letty
  • letty's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
27 Jul 12 #345714 by letty
Topic started by letty
I have now (at long last) received STBX''s form E however it is totally incomplete.

In the section 4.4 Bad behaviour or conduct box

he has stated that my behaviour has been unacceptable with regards to sending his solicitor excessive (or planed to send excessive) letters to his solicitors to rack up his costs and that he has proof.

when he handed me his form E,(which was 2 weeks late) he took great delight in showing me a copy of a private conversation I had with a friend of mine via facebook.

the only way he could of accessed this was to hack into my account.

this conversation was a private one with me venting at a dear friend. I have only ever sent his solicitors 3 letters two of which was in response and one telephone call leaving a message. which was to clairify if they where indeed acting for him and he will not talk to me if it is anything to do with the divorce.

by way of back ground he has a solicitor helping him in the background and not on the court record as acting and it is my understanding that he will be representing himself at the up and coming FDR.

Can anyone advice as to how the court will look upon this ?

My initial reaction is to ask him to explain his statement and provide copy of his proof in my questionnaire. - but could this be detrimental to me if I was to do so ?

I am sure you all have been there one minute you can copy and the next you are at your wits end and just need to bend the ear of a friend - this is just what it was - plus he has got this via hacking into my account (which i have subsequently closed)

can anyone advise as I have to get questionnaire etc to the court by Wednesday.

  • Marshy_
  • Marshy_'s Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 Jul 12 #345717 by Marshy_
Reply from Marshy_
I wont comment on the legal stuff as cookie or someone like that does a much better job then me.

On the facebook side of things, I would put a very strong password on your account. But things like facebook information doesnt have any bearing with divorce. And what he obtained he cant use anyway. As it was illegally obtained.

The timetables for form E''s is very lax. Form E''s are never filled out properly anyway. And there is time to sort this out as you dont need it until FH anyway. You will need to ask more information. I think this is called discovery. But hopefully someone that knows more will come along. Its a fairly long time ago for me. Hope some of this helped. C.

  • cookie2
  • cookie2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 Jul 12 #345718 by cookie2
Reply from cookie2
I very much doubt a court would be interested in any of this, in the slightest. They only care about the figures. "He said she said" is generally a waste of time and doesn''t make a difference anyway.

  • NoWhereToTurnl
  • NoWhereToTurnl's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 Jul 12 #345724 by NoWhereToTurnl
Reply from NoWhereToTurnl
Hi letty,

There are so many of us who receive incomplete form E''s and as Marshy has said, enforcement of time scale is very lax.

Go through it page by page, check the attached documents and note down everything that is missing. Then go through your list and highlight the questions you think are the most important. Keep the ones that point to missing assets that could/would make a significant difference to the marital pot. Dont nit pick, nor include every last thing, chose your questions carefully.

You are not guaranteed to get every question answered but if the DJ agrees with your questions, your stbx will have to be prepared to answer them and produce evidence, in court.

As for the information gained from FB, any evidence gained by illegal means is not admissible in court and as cookie2 said, the DJ is only interested in the figures.

My ex wrote a load of rubbish, its a smoke screen to throw you off kilter and cover up what they have missed off the form/ trying to hide.

Focus on important financial aspects and you will be fine.

Good luck and best wishes,

  • letty
  • letty's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
27 Jul 12 #345730 by letty
Reply from letty
A big thank you to you all.

all of this is quite daunting as Im having to rep myself but with site and all of your helpful advise and words of wisdom are very much valued and know thatI will get through this.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.