A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

help plzzzz!

  • teabear
  • teabear's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
29 Jul 12 #345862 by teabear
Topic started by teabear
hi im filling for divorce and am desperate for advise and help I have been sent the form cack by the court as it says i need to complete the d8a form, do i really need to complete the d8a form if the Respondant is not the biological father of my children? (they are from my first marriage) help and advise will be very helpfull it has been dragged for long just need it all to be over now!

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
29 Jul 12 #345881 by dukey
Reply from dukey
You do yes D8a is for children of the family as well as those from the marriage, so that is all the children you have together not just yours.

The judge needs to know arrangements are in place before s/he can allow the divorce to proceed.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.