A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Wrong name on papers.

  • Nanny18
  • Nanny18's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
03 Aug 12 #347152 by Nanny18
Topic started by Nanny18
Can anyone tell me what to do please.
I have just received the divorce papers from the court for me to sign and send back.
On the Statement of arrangements for children they have called us the wrong surname even though it has the right one on all the others.
Can i still sign them and send them back or will they have to be sent back and altered.
Thank you.

  • sun flower
  • sun flower's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
03 Aug 12 #347175 by sun flower
Reply from sun flower
Hi Nanny, I''m no expert ...and there are lots of experts on here but I would have thought that they need to be done correctly? Take care.x

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
03 Aug 12 #347198 by dukey
Reply from dukey
It''s best to have them corrected right from the start, it saves potential problems down the line.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.